Estate, Gift & Trust Tax Planning
We help you plan for the transfer of your assets to beneficiaries, such as a surviving spouse or your children. Serving the greater Washington, DC area.
Estate & Gift Tax Planning
When it comes to the Estate and Gift Tax, failing to plan is planning to fail. If you hope to successfully transfer wealth to future generations, estate and gift planning is critical, and it begins with a comprehensive tax and personal financial plan. Let us help you create a plan to minimize taxes and create a legacy that lasts for generations.
We can help you:
- Develop a plan that ensures your wishes are honored, your taxes are minimized, and your legacy is protected
- Develop and execute charitable gifting strategies that can be implemented during your lifetime so you can see the impact of your philanthropic efforts
- Develop a plan for the succession of closely held business from one generation to the next
- Review estate planning documents and make recommendations
- Avoid the cost and publicity associated with probate
Estate & Trust Administration
Administering estates and trusts is complex and it requires detailed recordkeeping and reporting. Asset inventories and court accountings need to be prepared. Valuations need to be made. Expenses need to be paid. Tax returns need to be filed.
Our team of experts can help you fulfill your fiduciary duty to the estate or trust and keep you in compliance with federal, state, and local authorities.
Estate, Gift & Trust Tax Return Preparation
As expert estate and trust accountants, we can prepare all required tax filings, including:
- Final Individual Income Tax Return for the year of death, Form 1040
- Decedent’s Estate Income Tax Return, Form 1041
- Estate Tax Return, Form 706
- Gift Tax Return, Form 709
- Trust Tax Return, Form 1041
- Split-Interest Trust Tax Return, Form 5227
We have used their services to prepare our tax filing for a few years and are very pleased with their knowledge and professionalism. Great job team.
Very prompt and very efficient service. I have been using DeBlanc, Murphy & Murphy for about 10 years and am totally satisfied.
DM&M has been our outside accounting company for over 20 years and they do an outstanding job. Highly recommend.
Who We Are
DeBlanc, Murphy & Murphy is a full-service accounting firm capable of providing clients with a wide range of financial services, including:
- Tax planning and preparation
- Private company and government audit & attestation services
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Business consulting
- Personal financial planning
- Wealth management
- IRS representation
- Litigation support
- Fraud prevention & detection
- Expert witness services
- Cryptocurrency consulting
- Family office services
The firm was founded in 1978 with one goal in mind—to create value for clients so they can achieve their goals and objective. We’ve kept that same intention for decades and serve a wide range of clients (big and small) in diverse industries.